My father is turning 90 next month.
To celebrate, all of my siblings (plus spouses and kids) will be traveling to Florida where he and his wife live. We’ve rented a house for the week and plan to have a small party one night in honor of his birthday.
Is the fact that everyone is flying in to see him enough of a gift…or do we need to actually get him something?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Gotta Get a Gift is a column that helps readers find great gifts.
In search of that perfect gift? Email Lisa@WrapwithLove.com.
Happy Birthday to your father!
Your question is a great one that involves several tricky gifting issues:
- A milestone birthday
- Multiple siblings
- A birthday gift for a senior citizen
- Giving a gift when you are away from home
I always think a gift for a milestone birthday is a very nice gesture.
Turning 90 is an especially significant milestone, as only 30% of Americans will live long enough to celebrate that birthday.
Here are three gift ideas for you and your siblings to consider for your father’s 90th birthday:
- Make his heart sing with a Keepsake Birthday Memory Box filled with 90 happy memories for him to enjoy
- Gift a few of his most favorite things. Make it easier by drafting a gift quarterback who provides direction.
- Give him a technology makeover from the group. Too often, seniors living on a fixed income can not afford to replace their device as often as they (and Apple!) might like.
To learn more about these ideas, click here.
Best wishes for a great celebration!
PS Decide with your siblings PRIOR to arriving in Florida how you’re going to handle the birthday gift for your father!